Monday, June 30, 2008

Yes: Positive Feedback

I made a follow up phone call today to the listing agent that I worked with on a recent loan closing for a mutual customer. My goal in every transaction is to communicate as effectively with the listing agent as I do with my customer and their real estate agent. Everybody wants peace of mind in this lending environment and so I try to deliver that service to them. I believe it is invaluable to all parties involved to know the status of the loan as things are completed or change during the process. But this isn't about me, this is about the listing agent and the assistant.

When I made the call, she was so nice and welcoming that I almost thought I had called someone who I had known forever. Granted, I had talked to the assistant on several occassions during the process but the fact that she remembered me was icing on the cake. Long story short, she said the realtor had spoken very highly of the service that we were able to provide and asked that I send my contact information and any special loan programs to both her and the listing agent so she could have it on file.

I don't have a deal yet from it and frankly I am not too concerned at this point. The main part for me was that I was able to make an impression by communicating effectively with all parties involved. I know that communication breakdowns can definitely hinder progress and I am certain now that effective communication can foster long term relationships that will continue to grow.

It seems that marketing and building relationships is a lengthy process but it is worth it if you are willing to work at it. I received positive feedback today and believe that I will continue to gain more positive feeback as I work and expand my base network of people.

In short...the hard work is worth it when you know that you have done all you can to serve the realtors and customers involved in the deal and they respond in kind. There is nothing like leaving a lasting impression for the positive, it isn't always easy to do, but it sure is worth it when done right.
I have to go back to helping them out. They had some questions that I hope to find answers for so that I can continue to be of service to them. Make it a great day.

No comments:

Active Rain Site


You can find great local Scottsdale, Arizona real estate information on Localism.com Eric Murrietta is a proud member of the ActiveRain Real Estate Network, a free online community to help real estate professionals grow their business.